Friday 9 July 2021

Term 2

This term we have been doing a lot of things.  For Maths we have been learning about Place Value and Tidy Numbers.  My favourite thing about maths this term was Tidy Numbers.  For Writing we had to do Persuasive Writing.  We had to Persuade the reader that Matariki should or should not be a public holiday and for Spelling we had to slides that told us about Contractions and Belonging Apostrophes.  

On the last week before holidays we were going to do a Great Debate.  We were put into groups.  I was with three other people.  We had to convince people that cats were better than dogs but we didn't have to believe it.  On the second to last day before the school holidays we had Mr Abbott.  I think Mr Abbott is the best teacher because he let us do fun stuff all day.  One of the things we could do was scratch.  Me and one of my best friends did scratch.  We made a ping pong game.  It was fun.  We did Kahoot as well.  I came first and two of my friends came second and third.  Another thing we did that day was making music.  Mr Abbott made the introduction song in Star Wars.  It was super fun.  This term we also did Matariki Art.  We each made a picture.  It had mountains in the dark at the bottom of the picture then the Northern Lights and at the very top we had the star pattern of Matariki.  We did an animated gif.  We had to find somewhere dark to do our animated gif.  On the second to last week before the school holidays on Thursday we had to make flakes baskets because the next day we were getting a sausage and we had to put the sausage in our flakes baskets.  It was hard to make the flakes baskets.  Have you ever made a flakes basket?



1 comment:

  1. I like reading your writing Micah! I don't think I have ever made a flax basket, but I have made other things with flax (do you remember me making the flax mat in our treehouse?!) Also the picture you make of the southern lights is very clever - I hope one day we can see these in real life!
    Great work Micah :)
    From Mum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.